In November of 1970, a month after signing a five-year publishing deal with Chrysalis Music, 24-year-old David Bowie wrote the following letter to Bob Grace, the man who signed him, and briefly filled him in on his life so far.
If you haven’t heard Scott Aukerman and Paul F. Tompkins’ conversation within the Best of CBB 2012 Part II podcast dissolve into a hilarious riff of the Star Wars Cantina Song, you haven’t LIVED, OKAY?!!?!??
- Rise from bed (6am)
- Dumbbell exercise and wall-scaling (6:15 - 6:30)
- Study electricity, etc. (7:15 - 8:15)
- Work (8:30 - 4pm)
- Baseball and sports (4:30 - 5:00)
- Practice elocution, poise and how to attain it (5:00 - 6:00)
- Study needed inventions (7:00 - 9:00)
- No wasting time at Shafters or
- No more smoking or chewing
- Bath every other day
- Read one improving book or magazine per week
- Save $5.00 $3.00 per week
- Be better to parents